Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Layering #3

So for Christmas layering #3 I wanted to try an alternative festive design that I saw on the Illamasqua blog site. I love Illamasqua's nail varnishes, they are awesome.  I knew I would not be able to do it free hand as their talented Teresa Smith does so I changed it up a bit and did the tips with a sponge instead.  I love how it came out.

Here is the tutorial that inspired me to try this look.  I figured I would give it a shot since I bought these when I was in London  this past October.



Illamasqua Harsh and Boosh

Illamasqua Boosh

Illamasqua Harsh
Here is the finished result.  I was thrilled my first go at sponging came out so well.  I just adore these two colors together and it was easy to do.








These are available at Illamasqua for £20 for the set or £13.50 each. Boosh is also available at Sephora for $14. However, Sephora does not carry Harsh. I think I may want to try with some other shades as well.  What do you think?  Do you have any Illamasqua nail varnish?  Have you tried sponging?  Would you try an alternative no traditional look for the Holidays?  I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Thanks for looking.

Becky xx


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Awesome job! I haven't been able to find any Illamasqua polishes where I live, but I might just have to order some after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice! Just found you thru twitter! Am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! And thanks for the follow! <3

    ReplyDelete